Development & Communication Coordinator Position Description
Rebuilding Together Montgomery County’s mission is repairing homes, revitalizing communities and rebuilding lives. Our vision is safe homes and communities for everyone.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Rebuilding Together Montgomery County (RTMC) works in partnership with community volunteers to provide free home repairs, accessibility modifications and links to community resources to keep low-income homeowners living safely and independently in their homes. Founded in 1990, RTMC has helped 2,500 vulnerable homeowners and galvanized nearly 50,000 volunteers in our “neighbor-helping-neighbor” approach.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development & Communications Coordinator is responsible for working in coordination with the Executive Director to achieve RTMC’s annual development and communication goals and objectives. The Coordinator supports RTMC’s fundraising from government grants, foundations, businesses, and individuals, and manages all communication activities.
Fundraising and Stewardship
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, meet annual fundraising goals.
- Serve as an advocate for Rebuilding Together and its mission.
- Identify, research and grow pool of prospective funders (government agencies, foundations, businesses, individuals) that align with RTMC’s mission.
- Draft letters, grant proposals, and other communications to support the engagement, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospects and donors as directed.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, develop and manage a calendar of activities that integrates internal and external programs, events, and fund development. Present this information at regularly scheduled and as-needed staff, board, and partner meetings.
- Manage a calendar of grant applications, deadlines, submissions, acceptances/rejections and reporting requirements for all government, foundation, and corporate grants, reporting on status on a regular basis.
- Process all gifts and grants, working with accounting department, record in Salesforce and run reports as needed.
Annual Appeals and Individual Donors
- Collaborate with Executive Director to identify focus of appeal and coordinate all aspects of mailings (creation, production and mailing).
- Manage Salesforce donor database to track, acknowledge (in a timely manner) and recognize levels of donations.
- Organize meetings with donors for Executive Director and board members as needed.
- Manage all written and visual communication to external stakeholders.
- Consistently promote RTMC’s work and accomplishments, activities and needs on social media and through e-newsletter. Manage volunteers or contractors when needed.
- Interview homeowners and document their stories.
- Create post-project picture books and other recognition for project partners and arrange delivery, photo-ops, and other means to thank and recognize supporters.
- Support Executive Director with the planning, promotion and execution of all RTMC events.
- Support event consultant with all aspects of the annual golf tournament.
- Work with Executive Director and committee members to secure sponsorships and donations for all special events and meet fundraising goals.
- Research new fundraising events or enhancements to current events.
- Attend and support all RTMC project events, such as National Rebuilding Day, She Builds and Corporate Give-Back Days.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Interest in the mission of Rebuilding Together Montgomery County.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting fundraising goals.
- 3+ years of development or communication experience required.
- Excels at multi-tasking on various projects, with excellent follow-through and an urgency for deadlines.
- Results-oriented, self-starter with consistent and strong energy. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, initiative to take tasks/projects to the next level without direction and responsibly operate with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer-service mindset.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office programs. Proficiency in Salesforce highly preferred.
- Outgoing personality with good public speaking skills.
- Education: BA required and/or equivalent experience. Advanced degree or fundraising certification preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The demands described are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Must pass all criminal history and background checks.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of personal automobile insurance, and acceptable driving record required to drive RTMC vehicles for RTMC business.
- Attend and participate in mandatory trainings, staff meetings, and all other events as scheduled.
- Some weekends and evenings work may be required.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Rebuilding Together Montgomery County reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs. Rebuilding Together Montgomery County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS INFORMATION:
This is a full time, exempt, salaried position with a comprehensive and generous benefit package. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to Executive Director Maury Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org