Home Assessment & Project Coordinator
Rebuilding Together Montgomery County’s mission is repairing homes, revitalizing communities and rebuilding lives. Our vision is safe homes and communities for everyone.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Rebuilding Together Montgomery County (RTMC) works in partnership with community volunteers to provide free home repairs, accessibility modifications and links to community resources to keep low-income homeowners living safely and independently in their homes. RTMC was founded in 1990 and is one of 130+ affiliates of the national organization, Rebuilding Together, which was founded in 1973 and formerly known as Christmas in April.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Program Services (SM), the Home Assessment & Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Senior Manager of Program Services in achieving the annual goals and objectives of RTMC’s programs benefitting our homeowners to include:
- Safe & Healthy Homes program
- National Rebuilding Day
- Handyman Program
- She Builds
- Corporate Give-Back Days
The Home Assessment & Project Coordinator is responsible for the field oversight, execution, and coordination of all home/community revitalization repair programs and services offered by Rebuilding Together Montgomery County (RTMC). With support of the AmeriCorps Project Coordinator, the Home Assessment & Project Coordinator is responsible for all field service delivery, contractor/volunteer handyman selection and supervision, and scope of work development.
Home Assessments & Contractor Project Management
- Serve as the clients’ point of contact, ensuring a high level of communication and support throughout the project and repair stage of program services through in-person, email, and phone interactions.
- Meet with clients to complete comprehensive home assessments, develop appropriate scopes of work and materials lists, and work with other RTMC team members to develop a project timeline that reflects client needs, grant funding availability, and types of program delivery.
- Collaborate with the AmeriCorps Client Outreach Coordinator to coordinate communication between clients, staff, house captains, and contractors such that all parties are on the same page about scope of work, timeline/timing of project elements, and expectations.
- Oversee assigned contractor projects, including walkthrough and bidding process, adjusting scopes of work based on budget, communicating work scope with homeowners, and confirming repairs are complete.
National Rebuilding Day, She Builds, & Corporate Project Management
- At the direction of the Senior Manager of Program Services, coordinate with volunteer groups and homeowners for RTMC’s annual National Rebuilding Day (“NRD”) event, including assisting in training for House Captains, House Ambassadors, Homeowners, and Area Coordinators; and managing and training NRD volunteers, approving scopes of work, and organizing project day equipment and supplies.
- Support Manager of Program Services to meet NRD and She Builds timelines and deadlines, identify NRD/She Builds houses, and ensure supplies and materials are ordered and organized.
- Support planning and delivery of Corporate Give Back Day projects by acting as the House Captain, providing leadership and oversight to volunteers in completing hands-on repairs. Ensure that volunteers are trained in their task and have access to tools/materials, that proper safety procedures are being followed, that the work product is of good quality, and that volunteers enjoy and feel appreciate for their service.
- Oversee the organization, purchase, and delivery of crucial project needs, including: tools and materials, personal protective equipment, dumpsters and other rented items, water, and food to ensure a successful volunteer project. Prepare worksites and ensure remaining materials are returned to storage facility.
- Maintain a system for warehouse inventory to allow for bulk purchasing, the reuse or repurposing of tools/materials, and an efficient supply chain. Ensure routine maintenance of Rebuilding Together-owned tools between projects and oversee organization of storage facility.
Communication & Program Support
- Actively track project and repair information within the Salesforce database during and after home repair projects, including status of repairs and projects, photographs, home assessments, homeowner documents, and project contracts.
- Assist with monitoring impact of services through completion of impact summary evaluations both before and after work.
- Develop and maintain contractor, vendor, and volunteer relationships to grow partnerships for cost-effective and in-kind services to further leverage funds.
- Provide project management support and training to each incoming AmeriCorps Project Coordinator, including training of proper site etiquette, homeowner and contractor communication skills, and project management protocol.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Interest in the mission of RTMC and serving low-income homeowners.
- 3+ years of experience in construction project management or residential home repair is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing multiple projects, teams, volunteers, budgets, and deadlines.
- Deadline driven and must enjoy detailed work and be willing to pay meticulous attention to record keeping and bringing projects to completion.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to thrive in change and manage multiple home repair projects and partnerships simultaneously.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Flexible and adaptive style with ability to work well with diverse groups, including homeowners, volunteers, community groups, and sponsors.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently as well as a part of a team.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; experience managing data using Salesforce a plus.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The demands described are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Physical stamina and agility required.
- Must pass all criminal history and background checks.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of personal automobile insurance, and acceptable driving record required to drive RTMC vehicles for RTMC business.
- Attend and participate in mandatory trainings, staff meetings, and all other events as scheduled.
- Some weekends and evenings work may be required.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Rebuilding Together Montgomery County reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs. Rebuilding Together Montgomery County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS INFORMATION:
This is a full time, hourly position with a comprehensive and generous benefit package. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to Senior Manager of Program Services Lindsay Luhn at email@example.com